The department of Agricultural Economics comprises agricultural economics and extension. The department offers courses covering the principles of economics, agricultural marketing and agribusiness management and agricultural development and policies. Courses in extension and communication shall facilitate the students to interact directly with the farming community of the region and this inter- relationship is aimed to benefit the farmers. The courses have been designed to develop the knowledge and skill in the leadership.
- 4th International Conference on Dry Zone Agriculture – 2018 (ICDA 2018) was held on 1st and 2nd of November 2018 November 4, 2018
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) October 30, 2018
- Our faculty staffs Mrs Sarmini Maheswaran and Miss Abhiramy Thurairajah are in the list of gold medal winners October 10, 2018
- 4th International Conference Dry Zone Agriculture 2018” (ICDA 2018) September 7, 2018
- Ground breaking ceremony of research & training complex November 27, 2017