The department of Agricultural Engineering offers courses on engineering mathematics and drawing, applied hydrology, farm machinery and implements. Courses in irrigation, ground water engineering and soil conservation are, also included with special emphasis to crops grown in the dry zone of Sri Lanka. Energy, machinery management water management and post harvest technology of major crops grown in Sri Lanka with special reference to processing are included and storage mechanism is given priority since it involves in value addition of primary agricultural products. Adequate practical training for skill development is also provided with workshop practicals. Practical training for soil water management, farm machineries and post harvest technology are also included in the course modules.
- Curriculum revision workshop of Faculty of agriculture, University of Jaffna February 18, 2019
- Environment Awareness Programme February 2, 2019
- COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES, ENROLLMENT AND ORIENTATION PROGRAMME FOR FRESHERS (ACADEMIC YEAR 2017/2018) January 30, 2019
- Thai Pongal Festival celebrated by Students. January 14, 2019
- Establishment of Cashew Germplasm Unit at Crop Farm of the Department of Agronomy January 5, 2019