The department of Agricultural Engineering offers courses on engineering mathematics and drawing, applied hydrology, farm machinery and implements. Courses in irrigation, ground water engineering and soil conservation are, also included with special emphasis to crops grown in the dry zone of Sri Lanka. Energy, machinery management water management and post harvest technology of major crops grown in Sri Lanka with special reference to processing are included and storage mechanism is given priority since it involves in value addition of primary agricultural products. Adequate practical training for skill development is also provided with workshop practicals. Practical training for soil water management, farm machineries and post harvest technology are also included in the course modules.
- “Pasunthogai” Book Released by Students’ Union December 31, 2018
- 4th International Conference on Dry Zone Agriculture – 2018 (ICDA 2018) was held on 1st and 2nd of November 2018 November 4, 2018
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) October 30, 2018
- Our faculty staff Mrs Sarmini Maheswaran and Miss Abhiramy Thurairajah are in the list of gold medal winners October 10, 2018
- 4th International Conference Dry Zone Agriculture 2018” (ICDA 2018) September 7, 2018