This Department is offering courses with practical significance to acquaint knowledge, skill and experience in plant protection, environment and its management and plant breeding. Practical component of the courses have been given prime importance to understand the threat existing in the cultivation of crops due to pests and to assist farmers in the management of insect pests and diseases. Majority of the practical classes are being conducted in the farmer’s fields to expose the students to the real situation and also to interact with farming community. In addition, laboratory techniques are also adequately given to the students to diagnose the pest problems of farmers.
- Curriculum revision workshop of Faculty of agriculture, University of Jaffna February 18, 2019
- Environment Awareness Programme February 2, 2019
- COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES, ENROLLMENT AND ORIENTATION PROGRAMME FOR FRESHERS (ACADEMIC YEAR 2017/2018) January 30, 2019
- Thai Pongal Festival celebrated by Students. January 14, 2019
- Establishment of Cashew Germplasm Unit at Crop Farm of the Department of Agronomy January 5, 2019