This Department is offering courses with practical significance to acquaint knowledge, skill and experience in plant protection, environment and its management and plant breeding. Practical component of the courses have been given prime importance to understand the threat existing in the cultivation of crops due to pests and to assist farmers in the management of insect pests and diseases. Majority of the practical classes are being conducted in the farmer’s fields to expose the students to the real situation and also to interact with farming community. In addition, laboratory techniques are also adequately given to the students to diagnose the pest problems of farmers.
- 4th International Conference on Dry Zone Agriculture – 2018 (ICDA 2018) was held on 1st and 2nd of November 2018 November 4, 2018
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) October 30, 2018
- Our faculty staffs Mrs Sarmini Maheswaran and Miss Abhiramy Thurairajah are in the list of gold medal winners October 10, 2018
- 4th International Conference Dry Zone Agriculture 2018” (ICDA 2018) September 7, 2018
- Ground breaking ceremony of research & training complex November 27, 2017