Department of Agronomy is offering courses in the agronomical aspects of important crops like rice, field crops, plantation and export crops and orchard crops grown in Sri Lanka. Teaching and Research farm is being maintained to provide adequate practical experience and skill development. Training in plantation and export crops are provided in Institutions like Tea Research Institute, Coconut Research Institute and Export crops Research station during the plantation study programme. Due consideration is also given in the curriculum for the value addition of primary agricultural products. The department is also offering courses in biometry and experimental design.
- Curriculum revision workshop of Faculty of agriculture, University of Jaffna February 18, 2019
- Environment Awareness Programme February 2, 2019
- COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES, ENROLLMENT AND ORIENTATION PROGRAMME FOR FRESHERS (ACADEMIC YEAR 2017/2018) January 30, 2019
- Thai Pongal Festival celebrated by Students. January 14, 2019
- Establishment of Cashew Germplasm Unit at Crop Farm of the Department of Agronomy January 5, 2019