Department of Agronomy is offering courses in the agronomical aspects of important crops like rice, field crops, plantation and export crops and orchard crops grown in Sri Lanka. Teaching and Research farm is being maintained to provide adequate practical experience and skill development. Training in plantation and export crops are provided in Institutions like Tea Research Institute, Coconut Research Institute and Export crops Research station during the plantation study programme. Due consideration is also given in the curriculum for the value addition of primary agricultural products. The department is also offering courses in biometry and experimental design.
- 4th International Conference on Dry Zone Agriculture – 2018 (ICDA 2018) was held on 1st and 2nd of November 2018 November 4, 2018
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) October 30, 2018
- Our faculty staffs Mrs Sarmini Maheswaran and Miss Abhiramy Thurairajah are in the list of gold medal winners October 10, 2018
- 4th International Conference Dry Zone Agriculture 2018” (ICDA 2018) September 7, 2018
- Ground breaking ceremony of research & training complex November 27, 2017