The department of Animal Science is offering courses with the main objective of diverse livestock production. The courses covers a wide spectra of the production of farm animals, studies on their anatomy and physiology, animal breeding and animal nutrition, agrostology and management aspects of the farm animals, including swine and rabbits. On-farm training also provided with the help of established livestock farms. In addition, students and the staff are visiting the farmers’ fields to assist them in livestock management.
- Curriculum revision workshop of Faculty of agriculture, University of Jaffna February 18, 2019
- Environment Awareness Programme February 2, 2019
- COMMENCEMENT OF LECTURES, ENROLLMENT AND ORIENTATION PROGRAMME FOR FRESHERS (ACADEMIC YEAR 2017/2018) January 30, 2019
- Thai Pongal Festival celebrated by Students. January 14, 2019
- Establishment of Cashew Germplasm Unit at Crop Farm of the Department of Agronomy January 5, 2019